As a big fan of the book, I'm quite dissapointed by how the movie turned out. Why are the good parts removed or changed in the movie? I understand if they changed the gruesome parts and they have to cut some scenes because of the time lapse, but why the good parts? What parts am I talking about? Let me take a list of it:
1. They changed the code. It's not just a number sequence. They have to form a pattern, words to be specific
2. Where's frypan? Haha
3. The cliff! It's not just a griever hole. But there's a cliff. And the good part was when they found out how the grievers disappear in the cliff but they didn't show it.
4. My imagination of the grievers is better than the movie though. Haha.
5. Aside from Thomas and Newt, my favorite would be Minho. Minho should speak smart alecks in the movie beacuse that's what makes his character funny and admirable but the actor who played it didn't give justice. Maybe in the next movie though. I hope. I still love the Minho in the movie though. :)
6. Why did they remove parts where Thomas and Teresa should be talking inside their minds? the TELEPATHY thing? WHY?!? Haha.
7. The lady at the end should be able to meet them personally and get shot in front of them. Like she should be really dead. And the ones that rescued them should be ordinary people, not military armies.
8. They should be riding the bus at the end of the book, but they rode in a helicopter.
9. I imagined more grievers.
10. Their age should be ranging from 13 to 16 years old. But most of them look like 18-20 years old.
A little change is okay but they just changed a lot of good parts. I'm not saying that the ones I mentioned should all be in the movie but I just wish they didn't changed it.
But in contrary, despite the changes there are some good scenes and parts I really like (c'mon, the movie is not that bad as I seem to describe):
1. Chuck is super funny. I just wish he didn't die at the end though. Siya talaga yung nagdala sa movie eh.
2. Intense especially when they were chased and attack by grievers.
3. In all fairness, the actors are good :) I'm already crushing on Newt and Minho already!! I've admired Dylan O' Brian (Thomas) even before the movie because of his character in Teen Wolf. And I'm so happy that he got to play the role (but I still think they should've used younger ones) and he quite resembles Logan Lerman, right?
So there. I'm not saying the movie is ugly though but it just didn't keep up to my expectations. The movie is good but maybe because I already read the book that's why I was quite disappointed. But I heard some people thought it was really good maybe because they haven't read the book yet. -.- haha.
I rate it 7/10 :)